Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Day of School 2009-2010

A HAPPY DAY FOR ALL...EVEN MOM!

Actually, I'm always sad when it is time for the girls to go back to school. I miss our relaxed summer schedule, all of our time together, all the fun, and all of the things that we didn't quite get to. This year was a different first day--the elementary school that Lainey and Halle attend caught on fire a month before school started so Halle's classroom is now at a different elementary school and Lainey is at the Junior High. They adapted well and there was so much community support to get things going again.



Riley started her sophomore year and her first year of cheerleading. She is taking her first college-level class and still participating in FFA. I finally let her give up piano lessons and she hasn't touched it for the last few months.

The biggest difference this year was Courtnee wasn't part of the first day festivities--she slept in, but spent the next few days getting ready for her move to BYU. I cried all the way to Provo on the day we moved her down, but I was so happy and excited for her. It was the first time I wasn't with her on the first day of school, but cell phones and the internet definitely help!






Courtnee with roomate--Sara.

1 comment:

Daybell Daze said...

Glad to see all your summer fun! I hope Courtnee is loving BYU.